Monday, March 7, 2011

Welcome to 1209

Hey Bloggies :)


I finally have time to sit here and just right. It's a great feeling. Since I haven't told you guys to much about what I've been doing here at the Honor Academy, I figured it was time to talk about that for a bit.

Here goes. I arrived here at the Honor Academy on January 7th. It is located down in Garden Valley, TX. Long Drive from Virginia. Anyways, arrival day was pretty basic. You get your room key, unpack,etc. The first day is when things start to go down. Since we were new, all day, everyday, we had sessions about the HA's rules, requirements, standards,etc. Fun stuff. However, every night we would have worship and a sermon by Dave Hasz (The director of the HA.) The sermons were so wonderful, I swear I've taken more notes here then I have in my whole life. Anywho, the first two weeks here is called the "Gauntlet." During the gauntlet there are extra rules to follow. We could not have any sugar extras, we could only listen to worship music, we couldn't watch movies, we couldn't text message. Things like that. We also had something called corporate excercise every morning. We woke up at 5:30 and work out together. We ran occassionaly, but not much. I actually enjoy it :)

After a week of informational sessions and a little bit of working out, we got to figure out our ministry placement. There are alot more choices then I expected. You could work in the Global Expeditions Call Center or Operations, ATF Call center or Operations, Grounds and Maintenance, Kitchen Crew,Honor Academy Call Center, and probably a lot more I just don't know about. Haha. Well after a few interviews, it got announced that I would be placed in the ATF call center !(see past blogs) I also got moved into another room with new room mates. (See past blogs again) I really love where I work and where I live and I wouldn't change aything! At the end of Gauntlet, we had a commitment banquet where all of the new January Interns committed to one full year here at the HA.

So here at the Honor Academy we have something called LTEs. (LIFE TRANSFORMING EVENTS) The first LTE I got to experience was the Fasting LTE. Before I came to the HA, I never fasted. Never even thought about it. I was pretty scared considering all the August interns kept telling me how hard it was for them. However, I gave my fear to the Lord and I didn't get sick once. Heres what we did: We didn't eat for 3 1/2 days, we didn't talk to anyone, we didn't listen to any music, we didn't read anything other than the bible. It was an amazing time. Fasting truly positions us to receive from God while we are weak. God spoke to me a lot on my future. I already knew I was called to work with women, but I wanted to know where. God told me to go to India and Israel. God also gave me the phrase "For the Love of Women." I don't know why, but I have it and I love it. Listen friends, you would do well to fast every so often. It's a privilege, a joy, and a newfound love of mine. It WILL strengthen your relationship with the Lord.

So, listening to God's calling he gave me over the Fasting time, I am going to India in July for a month long missions trip. I am ecstatic. I don't know many details yet, but as soon as I do you know I'll put them up here.

There you go, thats all thats happened here. That I remembered to write at least. Now you are up to date :) Let's talk about whats going on right now in my daily life. As you know, I work in the ATF call center for the NY event. It's going very well so far, however we are way behind in registrations. Our base goal was 16,000 people and so far we have 8,200 and the event is only 4 weeks away. I am praying so hard for my city. I want the Lord to move in New York so bad. I want Him to take back His city and His people. Would you join me in praying for New York and the Battlecry? I believe that prayer is the most powerful thing in the world. and I will not rest until I see New York changed. God put this verse on my heart a couple nights ago while I was praying for NY: Isaiah 62:6-7 "...you who put the Lord in rememberance, take no rest, and give Him no rest until He established Jerusalem and makes it a praise in the earth." I love that. God I will not give you rest, and I will not rest until you answer our prayers! I am so looking forward to go to NY and see the youth be changed. The event is April 8-9 and then after that I get to go HOME! I am so excited. My family and a few of my close friends are coming to the event then we will all drive back to Virginia together. I miss everyone so much, and I can't wait to be home again.

The other day I was reading Phillipians 4:5 which says "Let your gentleness be evident to all.." and the Lord spoke to my heart. I want to be a gentle woman. A woman who gives life and not harsh words and sarcasm. I want to encourage and inspire people, not tear them down. Considering the calling the Lord has place on my life, I need to be a life-giving woman who knows how to console and lift others up. I don't want to always be joking around in serious times, I want to be mature enough to know the appropriate times for jokes. Most of all I don't want to make harsh jokes. Even though I may be kidding around, I might actually hurt someones feelings. I'm trying to fast from sarcasm and negativity but it's really hard for me. Sarcasm is a huge part of my daily language. I communicate through it a lot, and so do a lot of my friends. So if you hear me say anything negative or sarcastic, confront me! I want to grown in any way possible :)

As you may know, I used to be one of the worship leaders for my youth group back at home. I loved it so much, and when I came here I really missed it. I prayerfully considered doing school of worship but I strongly felt the Lord telling me not too. I didn't understand because I had this gift from the Lord that I wasn't using anymore. I obeyed Him and didn't audition for School of Worship and I actually felt so much peace with my decision. Since then, I have already had the oppurtunity to lead worship here at the HA three times. My family core has a night of prayer and thats where I got to lead worship. The fact that the Lord has me still doing what I love without being in the School of Worhsip program amazes me. God knows I love singing and He doesn't need to conform to the ways here! He made a way for me to continue leading worship. I know that although I am not called to lead worship full time, it will be part of my ministry. He is so good.

Well friends that is all I have now. I love you all so much and I am so happy I have you in my life :) God has blessed me so much! I'll be sure to write soon. (Next I will be posting pictures of my dorm and campus for you to check out :) )

No comments:

Post a Comment