Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Simply Love Season


As this season comes to a close and a new one begins, I am flooded with emotions (of course.) It's a time of mourning, but also a time of great celebration-because every new season is from God!

This Blog is to celebrate the season I am coming out of. A season I decided to call- The Simply Love Season. For those of you who don't know, Simply Love was the name of my core (a small group of women lead by a mentor for the year at the Honor Academy.)Earlier in my blog I posted a little nugget about each girl in my core.

I've lived with these women for the past 8 months. Yes. 6 women in one room (and a core advisor who regularly laid on the floor with us.) All the time. I absolutely loved it. There's something special about living with 5 other women the same age as you, with the same passions as you. (Ice Cream) Just jokes.

But really-I can't even count how many times we would go to the store, and buy a half gallon of Cookies and Cream Ice Cream, and fight for the big pieces of Oreo's (Megan was always the one to steal off your spoon.) and then when we finished, we would "stargaze." This consisted of laying down on the floor, sometimes with spoon still in hand, and staring at the glow-in-the-dark stars on our ceiling, while groaning about how we shouldn't have eaten so much.

Or the times we'd just be standing around in the room, waiting for someone to walk by the window so Lindsey could scream bloody murder and scare a poor guy.

Or going to Walmart to buy Snackpacks.

...Or going to Chili's to eat chips and salsa...and lavacakes...

Or saying "We are going to stay up all night and watch movies!" and then falling asleep 30 minutes into the first one.

Or hiding in Courtney's bed :)

Or cuddling in the same bed...even though that's against the rules.

Or on Saturday's waking up only to go to lunch and dinner.

Or being on Emirates...hehe :)

Or quoting Ron Luce "RIP RIP RIP RIP RIP" "You don't need leathers and feathers. You just need each other!"

Or...the tender moments.

The moments where we would ALL cry for each other.

When we prayed...and cried some more.

When we shared our deepest and darkest.

And when that made us love each other even more.


Simply Love, you loved me, you held me, you laughed with me. You changed me. I wouldn't be who I am if we hadn't spent the last 8 months together.

Oh how I pray that you would remember how He changed you in room 1209.
Don't let go of what He did in your heart.
Don't let go of the people He gave you.

Please, oh please, don't let go of each other.

"Simply Love Him more than anything else."

I LOVE you. More than you know.


1 comment:

  1. Sammie, this brought tears to my eyes! I love writing down memories the way you have done here; just little excerpts that you hope can maybe explain your adventure. Those few sentences will spark so much as you re-read these words months or years from now.

    We're glad to have you back!

    ReplyDelete