Thursday, August 13, 2015

Sweet Dreams List [Updates]

Hi Everyone!

It has been quite some time since I wrote here....and a lot has happened! As a general and quick update: I moved to Washington state, got married and got pregnant! :) My sweet husband, Ezra, and I have been married for almost 9 months now, and our little one is due on September 6th! I am so excited, and loving this season God has us in. For much of my life, my biggest dreams were made up of this: being a wife and a mother. I feel tremendously blessed that the Lord has seen the desires of my heart.

But this post is an update to my "sweet dreams list" which I wrote a few years back. Looking at it now, I am amazed because, there's really not a whole lot left! (Thinking in terms of a lifetime.)

Items now checked off are: get married, visit Ireland, and visit Disney World!
In progress: Have a baby :) (Ezekiel is due in just a few weeks!!)






Our wedding was wonderful- everything went as planned! You know how people always say "there will be that ONE thing that goes wrong!" Well there was NOTHING! Our amazing friends and family helped us have the wedding we had been dreaming and waiting for, and I couldn't have asked for a better or sweeter time celebrating our love.





And Ireland...Ireland was incredible. Ezra surprised me by booking our honeymoon early on in our engagement (knowing that visiting Ireland was on my bucket list :) It was cool and rainy (which we are used to here in Washington!) but the landscape was gorgeous. Rolling hills, castles in the morning fog...just amazing. After this trip we definitely talked about living in Ireland one day :) You never know!



Finally, Disney World! We got to visit when we went down to Florida for my graduation in May.  This trip served as our "babymoon" before our little man arrives. We were blessed to stay in a beautiful resort and spend two days at Disney World, in Epcot and Magic Kingdom. It was so much fun, even though I was pregnant and couldn't ride any roller coasters, there was so much to do at each park!


Travel (International)


  • Travel outside the U.S.
  • See the lantern festival in Thailand
  • Visit Ireland
  • See the Mona Lisa
  • Go on an African Safari
  • Throw a coin in the Trevi Fountain in Rome
  • Visit India
  • Hold a Koala bear in Australia
  • Walk the Via Delarosa in Jerusalem
  • Visit Mr. Darcy's home from the movie in Derbyshire, England
  • Eat a croissant in a real French Cafe
Travel (U.S)
  • Visit Times Square
  • Visit the Statue of Liberty
  • See the ball drop on New Years
  • Visit the Grand Canyon
  • Visit Disney World
  • Have the famous Round Rock doughnuts from Austin, Texas.
  • Go to Seattle, Washington
  • Go to Portland, Oregon
  • Go to New Orleans, Louisiana
  • Have some pizza in Chicago, Illinois.
  • Visit California
Music/Fame
  • See Mae live
  • See Copeland live
  • See Bright Eyes live
  • See Eisley live
  • See Arcade Fire live
Family/Friends
  • Start a tradition
  • Throw a dinner party
  • Get Married
  • Be a Maid of Honor
  • See all of my best friends get married
  • Have a baby [in progress!]
  • Buy my first home
  • Make Thanksgiving dinner for my whole family 
Random
  • Start a collection
  • See a Broadway show
  • Run a half marathon
  • Run a full marathon
  • Ride a Segway
  • Read the bible front to back
  • Write a song
  • Get some of my writing published online/in a magazine
  • Go to a Zumba Class
  • Go to a Yoga Class
  • See the Northern Lights

I'd like to thank my Husband for helping me check items off of this list- I love doing life with you, babe! Thanks for helping make my dreams come true :)

Coming soon: The arrival of our little man, Ezekiel Elliott Rodriguez! I can't wait to share about him with you all.
Love, 
Sammie Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment